WELCOME TO IMPERIAL VALLEY COLLEGE'S ONLINE ORIENTATION!
Imperial Valley College is committed to helping you achieve your academic success. To ensure that success, we have developed our orientation program to provide you with an introduction and the necessary tools to get you started at Imperial Valley College. This orientation is considered the student’s first counseling contact. Please allow at least one hour to effectively complete this orientation.
You are ready to start this orientation if you have:
- Completed our online application. Please allow at least 24 hours for processing online applications.
- Taken the Math & English assessments
- Use the online Course Schedule and Student Guide during the educational planning module of this orientation. The Course Shedule lists current semester course offerings/schedules, academic calendar, and various deadlines. You may refer to the current schedule and/or catalog for preliminary course selection.
- View on-line a current Imperial Valley College catalog that contains general information about the college, policies, course descriptions, and contact information.
- This orientation contains extensive information on course selection, which is also applicable to students who are “undecided” about their educational goals and are exploring their options. This orientation has been developed to provide our students with information to assist them in actively participating in their educational planning.
- Your orientation is your first counseling contact. Counseling appointments are available to all students throughout the year.
Orientation is divided into the following FIVE SEQUENTIAL UNITS
- An Introduction to Imperial Valley College
- Student Services, Programs & Opportunities
- Succeeding as a Student
- Degree, Certificate & Transfer Information
- Enrollment & Registration
At the end of the orientation, you will have helpful links so you can review any information on this program.
You will receive an Online Orientation Completion Confirmation at the end of this program. Be sure to print this confirmation for your records.